DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Biomass Gasification Market by Source (Agricultural, Forest, Animal, Municipal), Gasifier Technology (Fixed-bed, Fluidized-bed, Entrained Flow), Application (Power, Chemicals, Hydrogen, Transportation, Ethanol, Biochar) and Region – Forecast to 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The biomass gasification market is estimated to grow from USD 29 million in 2022 to USD 45 million by 2027, at a CAGR of 8.9%
The primary drivers of the market include the rising demand for combined heat and power plants from rural areas.
Fluidized-bed segment to be fastest-growing market from 2022 to 2027
The biomass gasification market, by gasifier technology, is bifurcated into fixed-bed gasifier, fluidized-bed gasifier, entrained-flow gasifier and others. Others segments include plasma gasifier and indirectly heated gasifier. The fluidized-bed segment is expected to dominate in terms of CAGR during the forecast period and this dominance can be attributed to the increasing number of projects of power generation.
Forest waste source segment to be fastest-growing market from 2022 to 2027
The biomass gasification market, by source, is agricultural waste, forest waste, municipal waste and animal waste. The agricultural segment is expected to be the second-largest segment. As agricultural waste is an excellent source of energy which can be converted into fuel, chemicals and power, hence it has seen growth during the forecast period.
Power generation, by application, is expected to be the largest market from 2022 to 2027
The biomass gasification market, by application, is bifurcated into power generation, transportation fuel, chemicals, hydrogen generation, ethanol and biochar. The power generation segment is expected to be the largest market followed by the transportation fuel during the forecast period. This dominance is because need for electrification in rural areas of Asia Pacific, Africa and South America.
The Biomass gasification market is dominated by a few major players that have a wide regional presence. The leading players in the biomass gasification market are Valmet (Finland), EQTEC (Ireland), ThyssenKrupp AG (Germany), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (Japan), Enerkem (Canada), and Ankur Scientific Technology (India).
- Growing Demand for Renewable Electricity
- Asia-Pacific to Record Highest Growth in Market During Forecast Period
- Forest Waste Segment and China Dominated Asia-Pacific Market in 2021
- Forest Waste Segment Dominated Market in 2021
- Fixed-Bed Gasifier Segment Dominated Market in 2021
- Power Generation Segment to Account for Largest Share of Market in 2027
- Abundant Availability of Biomass Feedstocks
- Government-Led Initiatives to Boost Bioenergy Production
- Increasing Employment Rate in Agriculture Industry and Rural Developments
- Benefits Associated with Green Hydrogen Production Through Biomass Gasification
- Development of Hybrid Micro/Mini-Grids
- Variability in Biomass Properties
- High Moisture Content in Feedstocks
- Technical Issues Attributed to Tar Formation
- Green Urea Production Through Decentralized Mode
- Growing Demand for Biofuels
- Potential of Biomass Gasification to be Circular Economy Enabler
- Supply Chain Management Issues
- Requirement for High Capital and Operational Expenditure
- Limited Focus on Biomass Gasification Compared with Other Renewable Energy Technologies
- Lack of Linking of Local Decarbonization with National Decarbonization
Value and Supply Chain Analyses
- Biomass Feedstock Providers
- Biomass Transportation Providers
- Biomass Gasifier Manufacturers
- Heliostorm Gasifier – Ionic Gasification
- Moving Injection Fixed-Bed Gasification
Case Study Analysis
- Decentralized Energy Systems of India (Desi Power) Helped Communities in Rural Areas in Harnessing Power for Economic Purposes
- Valmet Provided Turnkey Biopower Plant to Salzburg AG to Generate Green Electricity and Heat
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Thyssenkrupp AG
- Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc.
- Shanghai Haiqi Environmental Protection Technology Co. Ltd.
- Syntech Bioenergy, LLC
- Fulcrum Bioenergy
- Dp Cleantech
- Chanderpur Group
- Infinite Energy
- Ankur Scientific
- Enersol Biopower
- Sg H2 Energy
- Bio Energy Netherlands Bv
- Regawatt GmbH
- Yosemite Clean Energy
- Urjagen Pvt Ltd.
- Bellwether Recuperative Gasification Ltd.
- Cosmo Powertech Pvt. Ltd.
- Husk Power Systems
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mmf1ui
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.